How to Upgrade Firmware over the Internet
1. Connect Ethernet cable to MANAGEMENT on the rear panel of TLP428P.
2. Turn on CONFIG/MANAGEMENT NETWORK/DHCP ON.
3. If DHCP is OFF, Set CONFIG/MANAGEMENT NETWORK/IP ADDR and CONFIG/MANAGEMENT NETWORK/GATEWAY compliant to connected LAN environment.
4. CONFIG/SYSTEM/UPGRADE FIRMWARE/INTERNET and enter EXEC.
5. The upgrade takes about 7 minutes.
How to Upgrade Firmware using USB Memory Stick
1. Download latest TOT file from TLV420_firmware and copy it to FAT32 formatted USB memory stick.
2. Remove TLV420S out of TLV440R frame.
3. Insert USB memory on the connector of TLV420S.
4. Install TLV420S into TLV440R frame again.
5. Turn on the power of TLV440R.
6. Execute CONFIG/SYSTEM/UPGRADE FIRMWARE/USB menu.
7. After all contents of the binary firmware file are transferred, wait a couple of minutes to write new firmware data on the flash ROM of the receiver.
8. When the upgrade is finished, the receiver will reboot it.
9. The upgrade takes about 7 minutes.
How to Recover TLV420S Firmware
When front panel LCD remains on "BOOTING... ", the firmware of TLV420S may be corrupted. You may re-program the firmware using the following sequence.
1. Format USB stick memory to FAT32 file system.2. Download firmware from ftp://ftp.teleview.com/Download/TLV420_Firmware/recovery/tlv420s_recovery.tot and copy it to root directory of USB stick memory.
3. Select the faulty slot.
4. Remove faulty TLV420S from TLV440R frame.
5. Insert USB stick memory. If the faulty slot is in slot #3, select slot #3 so that control of front panel work.
6. Install faulty TLV420S to TLV440R frame
7. Turn on the power of TLV440R frame and press LEFT arrow button of front panel repeatedly until LCD display "RECOVERY MODE". Press LEFT button 4~5 times per second rate.
8. Wait until the firmware update completes. It takes about 5~7 minutes.
9. The TLV420S will reboot itself after firmware updates.